Tamarack has secured sponsors to help us offer this learning event at a reduced cost. Tamarack is a charitable organization and, as such, we do this work within our means. This Summit represents our hope that this will be a mutual experience shared by both the learner and the sponsors. In this spirit of mutuality, the cost for participation is therefore also shared.
Attendees of previous events have confirmed our own experience, that the learning from these events is better translated into action when a group of learners from the same collaborative attends together. Therefore, our costing provides subsidies to encourage colleagues to enroll together.
The registration rates (in Canadian dollars) are as follows:
• $199 for a single registration
• $175 per person for groups of 3 or more colleagues from the same collaborative attending together
• $150 per person for groups of 5 or more colleagues from the same collaborative attending together
Cities Reducing Poverty (CRP) members receive five complimentary seats to send representatives on behalf of your poverty reduction collaborative to this event. Please contact Elle to access your registration code or to inquire about becoming a Cities Reducing Poverty member. For additional information, you can also read our CRP Membership Brochure.
We want everyone to learn how to improve their community! To ensure this, Tamarack supports low-income learners through the Be a Light Fund. Please reach out to Elle if you would like to apply for a scholarship. Learn how you can donate to the Be A light Fund and get a charitable receipt.
We are pleased to be able to offer subsidies to colleagues who enrol together.
To register a group, please have one member of your group complete the registration form. In this form there is space to select the number of people attending and add the names of all attendees. The form will update automatically with applicable group subsidies. If you have special group registration needs, please reach out to Elle.
We know that you don't want to miss out on this exciting learning event, but understand that sometimes unanticipated changes can affect your plans. This is why we have a cancellation policy that allows us to refund your registration fee up to 4 weeks in advance of the event date (less a $50 administration charge which we need to put towards our overhead costs). Starting 3 weeks prior to the workshop, we are sorry to say we can no longer offer registration refunds, but will gladly admit confirmed substitutions up to 1 week in advance of the workshop, so that someone else can benefit from the training.
Payments can be made in the following three ways:
1. PayPal - to pay using your credit card via PayPal, simply register, select "Pay Online" as your payment method and follow the prompts to submit your payment online using PayPal. You will still receive an invoice for your records.
2. Credit Card - to pay using your MasterCard or Visa over the phone, please register and select to be invoiced for your registration. Then, email Mikayla to set up a credit card payment appointment.
3. Cheque - to pay by cheque, please choose to be invoiced for your registration. Email Mikayla to let her know that you will be sending a cheque in the mail. Please include your invoice number on your cheque, make it payable to Tamarack and mail it to:
Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G6
Pre-event information and your unique dial-in for this virtual event will be sent to you at the email address you provide during registration. Please be sure to add @tamarackcommunity.ca to your safe sender list.
Who will be there?
This virtual gathering is open to everyone. Elected officials from all levels of government, city staff, business leaders, funders, poverty reduction collaborative leaders, community organizations, and experts with lived/living experience of poverty will teach and learn together. The event is open to anyone interested in learning about innovative ways that all sectors can work together to end poverty.
How can I prepare?
We will send you pre-reading materials before you arrive and we will update the site regularly with new resources and related learning opportunities prior to the event. If you have any questions, contact Elle.